Camp Rules-Follow or be asked to Leave
1. Cooking in camp is permitted, as are fires as long as they are pit dug and covered with the original sod when done.
2. You can use the roads to drop off supplies at the battle fields but please don't leave your car in camp, parking is close!
3. No outside alcohol is permitted in the fort proper (unless you buy it from the Long Hall Tavern), it is permitted in the camp grounds.
4. The county has a quiet time ordinance that goes in to effect at 11:30pm. So continue having fun all night but stop drumming and screaming at trees at 11:30pm.
5.About 3 minutes from from site you can find a few fast food restaurants.
6. Kentucky Renaissance has a NO PETS Policy.
7. Have fun, be responsible!
Camping Reservation and Info
Our site is a replica fort with equestrian arena and grandstand facilities, a long hall, large archery range and much more! There will be 5 camping areas to choose from:
1. -RV Camping (11 Spots available)- with electric hookups. Close to shower house and restrooms. Car used to transport RVs must be parked behind the RV lot)
2. -Electric Camping - Located in a ring around the shower house, 4 electric outlets with each location. in immediate vicinity to RR and showers. Farther from the battle field but nearer to the luxuries. 15 spots available. Please contact Grounds Keeper to reserve.
3. -Camping- which will not have electric and is about a 1-2 minute walk to showers and to battle field. (Restrooms and hand washing stations near). Think Pennsic Style camping.
4. -Living History- secluded and surrounded by trees, mundane life should be hidden, restrooms and showers still near but unseen from camp. This is a farther walk to the battle field but you can drive any belongings you need to the activities field. The ambiance is unbeatable. **** Again please note, modern items should be kept in tents or covered.
5. -Equestrian Camp- located immediately adjacent to Equestrian facilities Pasture with access to onsite water pump. Plenty of room for trailers and tents and the ability to set up ones own corral. This camp has a cleared path that leads you straight in to the Equestrian arena.
Note: A DART cart will be running for those who need a lift to and from a location. 10am-10pm. Please note you CAN drive your car up to the battle field and Arts locations to drop off supplies.
To reserve Electric Camping or RV lots, contact our Grounds Keeper Mistress Ellowyn Kittel von Drachenstein at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations for these spots are first come first serve. We have unlimited availability for Equestrian, Living History and Non-Electric Camping.